Dear ARLIS/NA Community,

The Fashion, Textile & Costume (FTC) Librarians special interest group (SIG) will be holding its annual business meeting as follows:

DATEThursday, May 7, 2020
TIME: 9am-10am PDT / 10am-11am MDT / 11am-12pm CDT / 12pm-1pm EDT

We will be using Zoom to hold this meeting. Please register here. A link to the meeting will be sent via email once we’ve received your registration.

AGENDA:
FTC Leadership Change
Annual Report Announcement
'Business of Fashion Update
Blogging opportunities
Presentations:
Angela E. Weaver, Fine & Performing Arts Librarian, University of Puget Sound will discuss La France Sauvée ou le Tyran Détrôné: A Dramaturgical Casebook, which includes the text of La France Sauvée, an unfinished play by Olympe de Gouges and translated by Clarissa Palmer, with contextual information on the French Revolution. The casebook features background research on the playwright, characters in the play, and costume and set design. Other features include annotations using hypothesis, original costume and set design mock-ups, and a bibliography of resources.

Bloomsbury Publishing will provide an overview of their assorted offerings such as digital initiatives and recent publications, as well as updates to Bloomsbury Fashion Central, an award-winning platform designed to support academic research in the visual arts, humanities, and social sciences that includes Berg Fashion Library, Fashion Photography Archive, and both Fairchild Books Library and Store.

Please note all ARLIS/NA members are welcome to attend! In the meantime, visit our blog to learn more about us. We look forward to meeting you soon!

Shannon Robinson, co-moderator  ([log in to unmask])
Olivia Warschaw, co-moderator  ([log in to unmask])
Lauren Bradley, vice moderator ([log in to unmask])