If I remember correctly, during the '70s? or later? an art magazine, maybe American Art? distributed small, original prints with their subscriptions.  The prints were small enough to fit the size of the periodical, were numbered in large runs, and maybe signed?  I think this lasted for perhaps 6 months to a year, i.e. for a while there was a different artist's print distributed with each issue of the magazine.

Am I right about when this was, and in what year?
Was it American Art?
How many prints were distributed?
Who were the artists?
Is there a list of images of these prints somewhere?
Did any libraries perhaps accession and catalog these prints?

I think I have one of these prints, I'd like to identify it, but it's framed, there's no signature visible and it probably wasn't signed.  The print is a silk screen, hexagon shape, maybe 6" across, mostly in blues, and is a landscape reflected in a lake.   I have a photo, but the list does not accept attachments.

My apologies if this is a frivolous question, but maybe it's a welcome diversion from our distressing present.  Any memories of this would be appreciated.

Kathy Zimon
Fine Arts Librarian (Emerita)
University of Calgary