[image: image001.png]

Hi all,

The BitCurator User Forum (BUF) Program Committee is excited to announce
that we are now accepting proposals
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf20-cfp> for remote conference
presentations.

BUF is for folks exploring things related to born-digital archiving; you do
not need to be a BitCurator Consortium member or user to submit a proposal
or attend the event, and despite the name, the topics are NOT limited to
people using the BitCurator environment (in fact, talks are very rarely
about the BC environment).

Yesterday we announced
<https://twitter.com/bitconsortium/status/1252606726513340418> that *this
year’s Forum will include the option for remote presentations, and we have
extended the submission deadline until May 8th*. We think that providing
this option will increase participation and lead to a fuller, more engaging
program. Perhaps most importantly, making participation in the Forum open
to people with limited or no travel funds will increase equity.
Unfortunately, we expect reduced travel budgets to be a reality for many
potential participants this year, but it is always an issue for current
students, new graduates, and those at smaller and/or under-resourced
institutions. Planning for this from the outset will leave us prepared in
the event that we have to shift the Forum to an entirely virtual format. As
in previous years, presentations will be streamed online free of cost.

*The BitCurator Users Forum is open to all. You do not need to be a BCC
member or user to submit a proposal and/or attend the event.*

The Program Committee intends to share a decision about whether to proceed
in-person or online no later than August 4th.

For more information, including contingency plans in place to convert the
Forum to an online event, please see the full Call for Proposals here:
https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf20-cfp