Dear ARLIS,

Recently my university's art collection (about 300 artworks) was given over to the library to oversee. As academic librarians with very little experience in this, we have managed to secure a software Artwork Archive to help us to catalog and manage the art collection. However, we feel like we need more grounding to work more effectively with cataloging for example. We are not sure for example what  kind of standard of metadata (i.e. Getty, VRA, etc.) to use for our art collection. We have a relatively small collection and we don't really need anything too complicated. However, we hope by the end of the end to have a Microsite where the public will have an access to the university's art collection. I have subscribed to ARLIS hoping that you maybe able to help us to better prepare ourselves with this new responsibility. Any recommendation or suggestion is welcome. Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance.

best,
mei