From: Kathy Edwards
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 11:45 AM
To: Association of Architecture School Librarians <[log in to unmask]> ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Ramped up pressure for electronic resources only? Where does your library admin stand on 'ebooks only,' and are you pushing back?

Our Information Access Committee has been charged to pursue online resources only, going forward. Subject liaisons outside of this committee have not been invited to comment, but we are organizing.

Here's an example of some of the wording/thinking in the charge from our dean: "I'd like the IAC to provide recommendations and a list of potential purchases where they believe a lack of print access will be a barrier for students and faculty."

**If this is a conversation you feel is relevant, would you please share how the current situation is shaping acquisitions policy at your library, and what you see that meaning for architectural resources & instruction? **

Right off the bat, I foresee budgets not being anywhere near sufficient for the ebooks gouge *unless vendor multipliers come with unlimited access* which ain't happening soon.

Likewise, AV Monografias, GA Houses/Documents/etc., Casabella, many others-what of these? They would have to go online at very high resolution. [Actually, think of the potential savings to libraries ($$) and to the planet (CO2 levels) if these didn't have to be shipped.]

**Another important conversation we should be instigating, I believe, is with ACSA over how studio instruction is faring under current limitations. What strategies and tools are faculty relying on?**