At OU our Ph.D. in Art History is relatively new, only a handful of students have finished. The University Libraries recently completed this video on the pros and cons of embargoing a dissertation.

https://libraries.ou.edu/content/your-dissertation-public-access-and-embargo-considerations

Best,

Matt

Dr. Matt Stock
Associate Professor/Fine & Applied Arts Librarian
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
(405)325-4243