Dear ARLIS/NA Membership,

Just back from CAA 2020 in Chicago last month, and it is already time for proposals for the ARLIS/NA sponsored panel at next year's CAA Conference in New Yok (February 10-13, 2021).

As the CAA submission deadline is April 1st, I will need to receive all proposal by March 25th to have time to review and adjudicate them before submitting our proposal to CAA.

From the CAA submission guidelines:

CAA AFFILIATED SOCIETIES AND CAA PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLICATIONS  COMMITTEES

  *   CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Professional and Publications Committees may each submit one guaranteed session in the Complete or Soliciting Contributors category according to the session proposal deadlines (March 1 - April 30, 2020).
  *   CAA Affiliated Societies may hold one guaranteed business meeting during the conference. These meetings are held in the 60-minute midday time slot.
  *   Visit Affiliated Society<http://www.collegeart.org/membership/affiliated-societies> or Professional Committees<https://www.collegeart.org/committees/professional-committees> pages for more information.

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTERS

  *   We encourage innovative session formats and leaving time for questions and discussion.
  *   If Chairs choose an alternate format, please plan accordingly, as all sessions are 90 minutes.
  *   For a traditional 90-minute session, we suggest one chair, four presenters, and one discussant.
  *   If your session will include many lively short presentations (Lightning Round<https://www.historians.org/annual-meeting/resources-and-guides/aha-guide-to-lightning-rounds> or Pecha Kucha<https://www.pechakucha.com/>(tm)), indicate on the submission form.
  *   All accepted information will be reproduced in conference listings as submitted. Accepted submission abstracts will be published as part of Abstracts 2021.
  *   Please follow the Chicago Manual of Style<https://web.archive.org/web/20180418040314/http:/www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html> for your submission.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding proposals.
Many thanks for your consideration.

All best,

Eric M. Wolf
Incoming ARLIS/NA Liaison to CAA
Eric M. Wolf Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 897 6649
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | sothebysinstitute.com<http://www.sothebysinstitute.com/>
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/sothebysinstitute/> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/SothebysInstituteofArt> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/SothebysInst> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/school/sotheby's-institute-of-art/>
[Logo]