From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Irvine, Betty J.
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 12:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Another Reference Question - Calligraphy work

It looks like Chinese to me.  BJ Irvine

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> On Behalf Of Robin Rank
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 4:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dear List Members,

I have another question about an artwork in our collection.  Can anyone tell me what language is this calligraphy?  I’m sorry the photos are not great, and I am not expecting anyone to spend time on a translation.  Just knowing what language will help us.

Thank you so much,
Robin Rank

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

******************************
Robin Rank
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Kalamazoo College
1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
https://library.kzoo.edu/
voice:  269 337-7152
email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
pronouns: she/her/hers
What are these?<https://www.mypronouns.org/>

“Like” K’s Library on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kalamazoocollegelibrary

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.