I love this question and would happily debate principles and standardizations all day.

But, in this specific case there is a PDF version of the essay that can be cited instead of the website itself: http://nickbriz.com/thoughtsonglitchart/thoughtsonglitchartv2.0.pdf

Or you can cite the video/website at a specific point in time (1:03 or etc.) and use the film & video citation rules. If you want to get timestamps for specific interactions, you can look through the code here (time-based interactions start on line 294): https://github.com/nbriz/thoughtsonglitchart/blob/master/js/timeline.js

So, "At 5:10 in his hypermedia video essay, Briz (2015) asserts ..." is what I would do.

I hope this helps!