Hello all --

I am looking for feedback on the attached reference to Rachel Ruysch from
the book *Portretten van Nederlandse Belldende Kunstenaars *by H. van Hall.
Based on the included abbreviation key, the entry seems to translate to:

Self-portrait, miniature on copper (or miniature on buyer), bust to right
shoulder. Auction, Amsterdam 24 January 1881.

My attempts to locate said auction are proving fruitless. Can anyone
provide any information that may help out? I'm also attaching the Moes
reference as seen in the original van Hall note. Many thanks in advance!

Laura

<http://www.artsbma.org>

Laura Crook Woodard, MLIS

Librarian

Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers

P: 205.297.8065

Birmingham Museum of Art

2000 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr. Blvd., Birmingham Alabama 35203

artsbma.org