Colleagues:

I hope this message finds you well.  I am writing to share with you some important announcements from the ARLIS/NA executive board.

As you know, early bird conference registration<https://arlisna.org/stl2020/index.php/registration/conference-registration> is now open for the 48th Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO.  Thanks for your patience while we worked on some technology issues related to the new database and how it interfaces with the registration process.
The conference is really coming together.  By now, many of you have had a chance to review SCHED<https://arlisna.org/stl2020/index.php/program/program-schedule> and you will see that the conference will have strong programs, interesting tours, and educational workshops as well as exceptional special events.

Looking forward, we have information to share with you regarding the dates and location of the 49th Annual Conference in Montréal.  We will be meeting May 9-13, 2021 at the Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal<https://hotelbonaventure.com/en/>.  Mother's Day does coincide with the very beginning of this conference and the conference co-chairs are working diligently to minimize the programming on that day (it will be a travel day for most conference attendees) and contemplating how to honor mother's day.  The dates available to us were either March or May and the conference planners and the executive board decided that a May meeting in Montréal was too lovely to pass up.

As a reminder, the 50th Annual Conference will be in Chicago in 2022.  A task force has been formed and ideas will be solicited to plan for this momentous occasion for the society.  We are beginning the process of selecting a hotel and looking at dates.

The executive board has enthusiastically accepted a conference proposal from the Texas-Mexico Chapter.  The 51st Annual Conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America will be in Mexico City in 2023.  This will be an historic event for the society.  The Texas-Mexico Chapter is passionate and capable and I have no doubt that this will be a very special conference.

And while we are on the topic of international cities, the executive board has approved the International Relations Committee's proposed Study Tour locations: Greece in 2021 and Chile in 2022.  As a reminder, the 2020 Study Tour<https://www.arlisna.org/news/news-events/1915-2020-japan-study-tour-announced> will take place in Japan in October and registration will open in May.

I am looking forward to seeing you at one of these events.

Best, Laura

Laura Schwartz
Arts & Humanities Collection Strategist
Visual Arts Librarian
Subject Librarian for Film Studies
UC San Diego
858-534-1267

President
Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA)