Greetings friends,

I have a faculty member looking for information on exhibitions dedicated to drawings (outside of the Salon) prior to 1861. We are having trouble on anything on this other than the collecting and displaying aspect. I believe (and I’m meeting with him today so I’ll find out more) that he is looking specifically to find out if there had been any exhibitions dedicated solely to an artist’s body of drawings vs. paintings prior to this time, rather than the ways in which the drawings would have been displayed. If you have any clue as to where to look for this information, that would be great, because we are turning up dry.

Thanks!

Courtney

Courtney Hunt

Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor

Pronouns: she/her/hers

The Ohio State University Libraries

Fine Arts Library

Wexner Center / Room 040L