So pleased to announce that the Amon Carter Museum of American Art Research Library has uploaded about 9,000 names from our artist files collection to WorldCat. We implemented the Artist Files SIG cataloging best practices, transforming a spreadsheet of names into MARC using MarcEdit. The best practices help normalize cataloging so that searches can yield more predictable and comprehensive results. Now a WorldCat search such as “ti:daniel garber artist file” (the search below was done in Connexion) does a more complete job of showing which institutions have a file on Garber (with our holdings highlighted on top!).

Direct any questions to Caroline Clavell, Technical Services Librarian, [log in to unmask].

Samuel Duncan | Head of the Research Library
Amon Carter Museum of American Art
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107
 | 817.989.5042
cartermuseum.org

This post also published on the Artist Files SIG website:

Samuel Duncan | Head of the Research Library
Amon Carter Museum of American Art
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107
| 817.989.5042
cartermuseum.org