Good morning colleagues,

I have a graduate student who is interested in finding an English translation of Jean-Baptiste Vanmour's Recueil de cent estampes representant differentes nations du Levant, 1714. Most commonly it is in French, but was apparently translated into a few different languages at some point due to its popularity.

Obviously, if we can find an English translation, it will be very rare, so if you know of a copy, please let me know so we can arrange an ILL scan request. The original French was digitized on Internet Archive by the Getty - if we can find any of the translated copies, it would be great to get them on there as well. Just a side thought.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Courtney Hunt
Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor
Pronouns: she/her/hers
The Ohio State University Libraries
Fine Arts Library
Wexner Center / Room 040L