cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Dear colleagues,

Join us for the next Mid-Atlantic Chapter meeting on Friday, January 10, 2020! Our host is Fenwick Library, part of the George Mason University Libraries in Fairfax, VA. Registration and site details are linked below.

Part of the larger Mason Libraries family, Fenwick Library opened in January 2016 and vastly expanded the library’s presence on Mason’s Fairfax campus. The library includes a new Digital Scholarship Center, a dedicated exhibition space in Fenwick Gallery, and a new space for our Special Collections Research Center.

Meeting Schedule & Activities (DRAFT)

REGISTER NOW!

Please RSVP by Friday, January 3 so we can get a headcount for the morning’s coffee and breakfast. For this meeting, we are setting a recommended registration rate of $15, which will directly support the Caroline Backlund Travel Award.

CALL FOR PRESENTERS

Are you working on a special project, recently published something, or have a new idea to share with the group? This is your chance! We’re accepting standard 20-minute presentations and/or 5-7 minute lightning round talks. Please complete our short form by Friday, December 20. Participants will be notified by Monday, December 23.

STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS & PLANNING

As part of this meeting, we also hope to spend some time reviewing the ARLIS/NA Strategic Directions and discussing the chapter’s efforts and potential activities to support those ongoing goals. We’ll send questions and a copy of the current directions ahead of the meeting for your review.

GETTING TO GMU / FAIRFAX

See the Meeting Schedule document for travel details, including Metro directions and parking locations.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best,

Stephanie Grimm (Chair)

Jennifer Page (Vice Chair/Chair-Elect)