I recently visited a home with a very strong library on old masters painting, sculpture and drawing. Dozens of  catalogues raisonnés, major monographs over the past 75 years and important exhibition catalogs. The library is about 5,000 to 8,000 volumes. The estate would like to donate it to a library that can make use of it. It would have to be packed and shipped from New York City (the Upper West Side).The library is in fine condition and in excellent order.

If it would be useful for your institution please let me know off the list. I can send images and we can discuss. I could even arrange a visit.

I suspect that the libraries that collect in this area  already have strong collections and this would be redundant, and other art libraries lacking this material do want to go into this depth. I would be very happy to be wrong on this, and even happier to facilitate the donation. All ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks.

Ken

--

Kenneth Soehner