Dear Book Arts Friends,

“Death is the uninvited guest at the feast of life.” -Bill Stewart

It is with deep sadness that I share with you the news that Bill Stewart of Vamp & Tramp Booksellers of Birmingham, Alabama, died on Monday, November 11th, following complications from pneumonia.

While Bill’s wishes were that there be no memorial service or funeral, I know that many of you will want to remember Bill and reflect on how the world has been a richer, fuller place because of him.

I asked Vicky if I could share with this group opportunities to honor Bill and I would invite you to consider doing that through:

Southern Poverty Law Center <https://www.splcenter.org/support-us>

Doctors Without Borders <https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/?ref=donate-header>

Another fitting way to honor Bill could be to donate an artist’s book to your favorite special collection in his name.

To the many artists represented by Vamp and Tramp Booksellers, know that their work will go on.

Please keep Vicky and Lindsay and their families in your thoughts.

Sha Towers
Curator of the Baylor Book Arts Collection

Baylor University Libraries