Dear ARLIS/NA members,

Please consider applying to join the Advocacy & Public Policy Committee (APPC)!

What we do:

The APPC advises the Executive Board and the membership on governmental activities and social justice issues affecting the professional interests of ARLIS/NA and the fulfillment of its mission. Because our work touches on so many intersecting issues, we seek collaboration throughout ARLIS/NA wherever possible.

What we're looking for:

We are seeking passionate and dedicated members to join our Committee. We welcome members with all levels of experience, especially those with particular interest in the topics we monitor, including art activism and social justice, copyright and intellectual property rights, funding, inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility, open access, privacy, technology, and workplace issues.

For more information, please check out the following:
And, recent and ongoing projects undertaken by the APPC:
And last, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

In order to apply, please use the 2020-2021 Volunteer Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020-2021volunteers and for more information about the process, please see Vice President/President-Elect Amy Trender's message to ARLIS-L from October 1st.

My very best,

Serenity Ibsen
Director of Library Services
Albert Solheim Library