Two fall classes of interest below, click on the titles for more information on our website or contact us at [log in to unmask] or call 212-481-0295.
We hope to see you this fall!

Saturday and Sunday, November 16 and 17, 10-4pm
$350

Protective enclosures are made to support your books and to protect them from environmental damage. Additionally, for the artist they can serve as an extension of their book to enhance their presentation and provide another surface where one can customize the box to reflect the contents.

Learn to make three simple archival enclosures that enable you to store your books in an acid-free protective environment. We will make the archival phase box enclosure used by the Library of Congress, as an alternative to the clamshell box; a case wrapper with hard covers; and a self-closing wrapper.
With Maria G Pisano

Tuesdays, Nov. 5 - Dec. 3 20, 6-9pm

$450

In this class students will learn to make hardcover case bindings for pamphlets, flat back books, and a book with a rounded spine. You will learn about the structure beneath the boards and how to use book cloth to cover it. Some of the sewing strategies that will be taught include sewing signatures together with link stitch.

*Prerequisites: Bookbinding 1 or equivalent

With Sarah Smith

To register or for more details on our classes, click here.
--
Amanda Killian
Interim Special Projects and Audience Development Manager

Center for Book Arts
28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10001