Dear ARLIS/NA colleagues,

My apologies for cross-posting!

I'm excited to invite you to our upcoming Art+Feminism: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon<https://www.newmuseum.org/calendar/view/1580/art-feminism-wikipedia-edit-a-thon> at the New Museum this Sunday, October 27th!

Join us in the Sky Room for an afternoon of workshops, readings, and talks by artists and scholars, as well as guided editing sessions dedicated to expanding Wikipedia entries for feminist figures across the gender spectrum.

Work sessions throughout the afternoon will be centered on creating and expanding Wikipedia pages for feminist figures chosen by artists in the New Museum community, including artists Vaginal Davis, Juliana Huxtable, and Jana Hunter of the band Lower Dens.The afternoon will focus on the work of a wide range of visionary artists, curators, and activists who have critically shaped culture through a series of open Wikipedia editing sessions and talks by A.J. Lewis, founder of the NYC Trans Oral History Project, and artists Nash Glynn and Keijaun Thomas.

We invite people of all gender identities and expressions to bring a laptop and join us in the Sky Room for an afternoon of public programs and a work session devoted to updating Wikipedia pages. Wikipedia training will be provided throughout the day. More information about the event is available on our website, here<https://www.newmuseum.org/calendar/view/1580/art-feminism-wikipedia-edit-a-thon>.

SCHEDULE

1:00PM Wikipedia training

2:00PM Talk: A.J. Lewis

2:30PM Free edit

3:30PM Talk: Nash Glynn

4:00PM Free edit

5:00PM Talk: Keijaun Thomas

If any of you are in NYC this weekend, we would be thrilled if you could join as our guest. Please RSVP by completing this form<https://www.tfaforms.com/4762674>.

I hope to see you in the Sky Room on October 27th, and if not then, sometime soon this fall!

Warmly yours,

Amye McCarther

Amye McCarther
Archivist
(212) 219-1222 x325

[1504195036495_NM_GreyLogo_signature.jpg]
newmuseum.org
newinc.org
ideas-city.org
rhizome.org