Dear ARLIS/NA members,

Please consider applying to join the Cataloging Advisory Committee!

What we do:

The Cataloging Advisory Committee is charged with formulating ARLIS/NA positions on cataloging issues and policies and communicating those positions to relevant American Library Association committees or to the Library of Congress.

What we're looking for:

People who are passionate about cataloging and metadata in all its forms and who are excited to represent and fight for the cataloging needs of the art and museum communities.

We have two openings:

One member of the committee

            and

One special appointment liaison to the MARC Advisory Committee (MAC). Please note MAC currently holds in person meetings at ALA midwinter and annual, attendance is not mandatory  but strongly desirable and encouraged.

For a more detailed look at the type of projects we are involved in please see our most recent annual report:

Please don’t hesitate to reach out, I am happy to answer any questions!

In order to apply, please use the 2020-2021 Volunteer Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020-2021volunteers and for more information about the process, please see Vice President/President-Elect Amy Trendler's message to ARLIS-L from October 1st.

Best,
Andrea Puccio

Cataloging Advisory Committee Chair

Andrea Puccio

Collections Management Librarian

Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute Library

225 South Street

Williamstown, MA 01267

Tel. 413-458-0535

http://francine.clarkart.edu/