*This is the first of a number of messages from current committee chairs
that will describe each committee's work and encourage members to apply to
participate. Please look for these messages throughout October to learn
more about exciting ways to contribute to ARLIS/NA.*

Dear ARLIS/NA members,

Please consider applying to join the Strategic Directions Committee!

What we do:

The Strategic Directions Committee works to ensure that ARLIS/NA is living
up to its Strategic Directions and its Core Values. We collaborate,
communicate, and find ways to work across the society to move our shared
goals forward.

What we're looking for:

We would love to have smart, motivated people with lots of ideas join our
group. We are open to all levels of professional experience, but would
ideally like to have members who've had a couple years' experience with
other ARLIS/NA groups. Previous experience with strategic planning is
helpful but not required. We particularly invite members from
underrepresented groups to apply.

For more information, please check out the following:

   - ARLIS/NA's Strategic Directions and Core Values
   <https://www.arlisna.org/about/strategic-directions>
   - Current Strategic Direction Committee member Roster and Charge
   <https://www.arlisna.org/organization/committees/87-strategic-directions-committee>
   - Action Scorecard (members only content)
   <https://www.arlisna.org/organization/organization/910-action-scorecard>

And, recent documents produced by the Strategic Directions Committee, the
recommendations from which we are currently engaged in implementing:

   - Resilient Strategies and Goals
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dXk9UA0YB3G2G-9w-nTZfd7D_It0WWqruOH4hlqSLw/edit?usp=sharing>
   - 2018 Environmental Scan
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ADdipmU0fBeWejYZ8Ci5CXddz1-6QV3jPyYRTnrsyz4/edit?usp=sharing>

And last, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

In order to apply, please use the 2020-2021 Volunteer Form:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020-2021volunteers and for more information
about the process, please see Vice President/President-Elect Amy Trender's
message to ARLIS-L from October 1st.

Thank you!
Emilee Mathews
Strategic Directions Committee Chair