Dear Lindsay:

I was so very happy today to read the updated charge of the Diversity Committee.  While I was looking at the Diversity Committee website, I noted another update: The Conference Speakers of Color Fund (formerly the Alternative Voices Fund) and Recipient History (2011 - 2018); the latter lists 14 speakers at seven conferences!  Thank you to the many individuals on the Committee and the Executive Board who made all of the changes for the better happen to  the website.  Thanks also to all the program planners at the past conferences who made it possible for us to hear the excellent speakers of color who inspired all of us.

Joan M. Benedetti

-----Original Message-----
From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of King, Lindsay
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Virtual chat on recruiting librarians of color

Thank you to the ARLIS/NA PDC-Education Subcommittee and Carol Ng-He, who is also a Diversity Committee member and our ARLIS/NA liaison to ALA's Office of Diversity. Aligning with ARLIS/NA's Core Values and Strategic Directions, which were revised in 2016 to reflect a commitment to diversity and inclusion, there are a number of initiatives in the works on these important issues. Particularly relevant to this upcoming Twitter chat, the Executive Board is looking into ways to create a grant program in support of diversifying the field of art librarianship, based on both prior and current work by the Development and Diversity Committees and the Diversity Planning Grant Task Force (chaired by my Board predecessor Stacy Brinkman).

Stay tuned for updates on this work, and if you haven't already seen it, please read the Diversity Committee's recently-updated charge: https://www.arlisna.org/organization/committees/80-diversity-committee

We're inspired by the energy around making art librarianship more representative of the diverse people we serve.

Lindsay King
ARLIS/NA Advancement Liaison

Associate Director for Access and Research Services Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University
203-436-8052
she/her/hers

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~