Thanks to all who expressed interest in a library exhibit policy E meet up.
As soon as we get it organized we’ll announce on the Exhibitions listserv
as well as ARLIS-L.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Meinke

Exhibitions SIG co coordinator

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 4:03 PM Lisa Conrad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>   4. Message from the ARLIS/NA Vice President: Division, Section & SIG
>>> projects
>>>   5. Job Posting - Archivist, Canadian Centre for Architecture - Quebec,
>>> Canada
>>>   6. L"Officiel Archive?
>>>   7. Agnew & Sons - Auction Catalogue question

>>> Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Date:    Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:43:34 -0400
>>> From:    Breanne Crumpton <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: Registration open for ARLIS Southeast Conference in
>>> Tallahassee, FL
>>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> Registration for the Southeast Chapter's 45th Annual Conference in
>>> Tallahassee, Florida, November 6-8, is now open
>>> <
>>> http://southeast.arlisna.org/2019/09/05/register-now-45-in-tallahassee-november-6-8-2019/
>>> The deadline for registration is *October 25th.*
>>>
>>> Our program includes:
>>>
>>>    - Our annual business meeting;
>>>    - Lightning Rounds and Presentations from colleagues;
>>>    - Awesome tours of Frank Lloyd Wright's Lewis Spring House, FSU
>>> Special
>>>    Collections and Archives, the FSU Museum of Fine Arts, and the Grove
>>> Museum;
>>>    - Our LoPresti Awards; and
>>>    - Of course, great food and company!
>>>
>>> Please find the full schedule attached.
>>>
>>> The conference hotel is the nearby *Four Points by
>>> Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown*. Please use *this link*
>>> <
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.marriott.com_event-2Dreservations_reservation-2Dlink.mi-3Fid-3D1551201082403-26key-3DGRP-26app-3Dresvlink&d=DwMF-g&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=gG9wJStclj-cs7fSu72rsSnTBwuDsfvsNz3fqjRNMyM&m=J2mTg4UDIGp6rrpt_NPF4xw4ZURRIZZGIMu444wVnDw&s=fBOU4WzL9tEofRsm3ozPYcDSZJfreJ4Q-JSvoRJRAAM&e=
>>> >
>>>  *by 5pm on October 16th* to book at the discounted conference hotel rate
>>> of $119 per night (rate applies 11/6 through 11/9).
>>>
>>> If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Leah Sherman
>>> (
>>> [log in to unmask]), Planning Committee Chair, or Breanne Crumpton (
>>> [log in to unmask]), SE President.
>>>
>>> We hope to see you soon!
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> 2019 Program Planning Committee
>>> Leah Sherman, Chair
>>> Britt Boler
>>> Breanne Crumpton
>>> Patricia Gimenez
>>> Katy Parker
>>> Kim Windham

>>> Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Date:    Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:46:25 -0400
>>> From:    Elizabeth Meinke <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: Re: Does your university library have an art display program or
>>> policy?
>>>
>>> Hello ARLIS,
>>>
>>> I oversee three exhibition spaces for Kelvin Smith Library at Case
>>> Reserve. Currently I am revising  exhibition procedures for my
>>> institution.
>>> I recommend drafting an Exhibition Program Policy & Procedures, an
>>> Exhibition Loan Agreement, and an Exhibition Agreement; each serves a
>>> different
>>> purpose.
>>>

>>> I am co-chair of the ARLIS Exhibitions SIG
>>> <https://www.facebook.com/groups/206907046762733/> along with Caitlin
>>> McGurk  and Carol Ng-He. The Exhibitions SIG is organizing an E meet up
>>> Zoom meeting about policy documents for library exhibition programs. Let
>>> us
>>> know if you are interested so we can arrange for the best day and time.
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Elizabeth Meinke

>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xjLppG-l1ppapiMUyH-yP_gRgP0cVNsI6QvzPW3b6aQ/edit?usp=sharing

>>> but
>>> it is
>>> mixture
>>> an art

>>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/:+MICA+Logo%5D++%0D%0A%3E+1300?entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> <https://www.mica.edu/>

>>> Twitter

>>> and
>>> sign
>>> not of
>>> handle
>>> something to

>>> Clemson.

>>> main

>>> Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Date:    Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:55:38 +0000
>>> From:    Jill Timm <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: Free guillotine cutter -WA
>>>
>>> Please pass on to anyone you think might be interested.
>>>
>>> Free floor standing Guillotine Cutter.
>>> Help save it from the dump!
>>> Located in Central Washington (state).
>>>
>>> Contact Sarah Horowitz [log in to unmask]

>>> Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Date:    Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:22:42 +0000
>>> From:    "Trendler, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: Message from the ARLIS/NA Vice President: Division, Section &
>>> SIG projects
>>>
>>> Greetings ARLIS/NA members! And welcome to the first Vice President's
>>> message. As Vice President/President-Elect I am the board liaison to the
>>> divisions, sections, and special interest groups in ARLIS/NA, which gives
>>> me a front row seat for the projects, events, and activities these groups
>>> undertake throughout the year. I'd like to share some of what the groups
>>> are doing and encourage all ARLIS/NA members to join in. Joining a
>>> division, section, or SIG is a great way to get involved in ARLIS/NA and
>>> there are many opportunities to participate. For example:
>>>

>>> *         The ArLiSNAP (Art Library Students and New ARLIS
>>> Professionals) Section is hosting a Fall Virtual Conference along with
>>> VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) on October 26,
>>> 2019. The theme is "Accessing the Arts: Trends, Innovations, and Challenges
> [...]
>>> representative and authority on issues related to (born-digital) archives
>>>

>>> Required qualifications
>>>
>>> •         Education : Master’s degree in library science, archival
>>> science, or other relevant field
>>>
>>> •         Experience: 3-5 years working in an archival repository,
>>> including experience working with born-digital archival material
>>>
>>> •         Ability to work effectively in French and English, or
>>> willingness to learn
>>>
>>> •         Project management experience
>>>
>>> •         Knowledge of ISAD(G), RAD, DACS, and other archival
>>> descriptive standards
>>>
>>> •         Demonstrated familiarity with data structure standards
>>> relevant to the archival control of digital collection materials (EAD,
>>> Dublin Core, MODS, METS, PREMIS)
>>>
>>> •         Demonstrated knowledge of digital preservation standards such
>>> as OAIS and Trustworthy Digital Repositories
>>>
>>> •         Knowledge of a wide range of computer storage media, file
>>> systems, software, and file formats
>>>
>>> •         Experience applying tools such as Archivematica and BitCurator
>>> to process born-digital archives
>>>

>>> Other qualifications
>>>
>>> •         Knowledge in working in Linux and with command-line interfaces
>>> or willingness to learn
>>>
>>> •         Demonstrated experience in reading, using and manipulating
>>> born-digital architectural records in common formats and programs
>>> (AutoCAD/Revit, VectorWorks, Microstation, Rhino, Maya, etc.)
>>>
>>> •         Familiarity with programming/scripting languages such as
>>> Python, Ruby, and bash or willingnes
>>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/such+as+Python,+Ruby,+and+bash+or+willingnes?entry=gmail&source=g>s
>>> to learn
>>>

>>> Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) by email to
>>> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to the attention of Human Resources
>>> of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920, Baile Street, Montreal (Quebec)
>>> H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 14 October 2019. Only successful
>>> applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal
>>> opportunity employer.
>>>
>>> For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website<
>>> http://www.cca.qc.ca/jobs>.

>>> Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Date:    Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:39:59 +0000
>>> From:    "Jankowski, Leslie" <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: L"Officiel Archive?
>>>
>>> Hello ARLIS/NA,
>>>
>>> The online archive for L'Officiel seems to have disappeared. Has anyone
>>> heard of it moving to a new URL? I have searched their website but I
>>> haven't turned up anything, and there isn't any English-speaking contact
>>> information.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Leslie M. Niemczura Jankowski
>>> Director of Library Services
>>> 614.222.3225 office
>>> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

>>> ccad.edu
>>> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/CCADlibrary/> | Instagram<
>>> https://www.instagram.com/ccadpackardlibrary/> | Blog <