Hi Kathy and all:

As some of you know, here at Columbia University Libraries, the art collection (stewarded by my department of Art Properties) is based in Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library.  While the primary mission is stewarding the art and cultural heritage collections for educational programming, curricular integration, research & study, and exhibitions, we also do manage the on-campus loan program.  This has been in effect for decades, although we do update policies and procedures as needed.

It would be too challenging to coordinate a single answer via email about everything, so perhaps if someone wants to organize or coordinate a conference call, a group of us could call in and I could explain things to a group at one time, and I'm sure others would have questions or other experiences they want to share.

Best,

Roberto C. Ferrari, Ph.D.
Curator of Art Properties
Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library