Attention all Art and Design School Librarians (and other interested members),

The Art and Design School Library (ADSL) Division has been tasked with conducting research and reporting on the state of our profession in 2020. Similar to the “State of Art Museum Libraries 2016” and the “State of Academic Art Libraries 2019”, the ADSL Division will be looking at the new and ongoing issues faced in our field of librarianship, surveying our librarians, evaluating exemplary cases, and reporting our findings and recommendations to the Art Libraries Society of North America membership.

At this time, the report committee has several opportunities for ADSL Division librarians and other ARLIS/NA members to get involved:

    1. Join the report committee! We are looking for 1-3 more members to join myself, Abi Sweeney, and Serenity Ibsen on the writing team. If you are interested in assisting us with the literature review, survey, case reporting, and final write up, email me at [ mailto:[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] ]
    2. Participate in the two planning conversations via Slack from Today- September 13th

    *
Article recommendations     * Issues faced in Art and Design School Libraries

If you have not already joined our Slack channel, you may do so [ https://join.slack.com/t/artdesignlibraries/shared_invite/enQtNjIzMzExMjgwNzQzLWUzMjYwNmE1M2Y1ZTAwOTQ0NjcyOTRiNjI4N2U0YmNiNjkzZGM4ZjIyYTEwNTJiN2VmMGViY2YyOTU2ZjllZGI | HERE ] .

Thank you!!!

Katy Parker
ADSL Division Moderator

Katy Parker
Research and Instruction Librarian
Savannah College of Art and Design ®

office: 912.525.4763 / mobile: 205.601.4265
[log in to unmask] / [ https://www.scad.edu/ | www.scad.edu ]

SCAD: The University for Creative Careers ®
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by electronic mail and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.