Systems Librarian, The J. Paul Getty Trust - Los Angeles, CA

At Getty Digital, we're re-imagining how we can use data, software, and systems to provide a deeply connected and consistent experience for staff, scholars, researchers, and enthusiasts as they explore the rich and complex information held across the organization. You will play a central role in maintaining robust systems, and identifying and implementing strategic solutions in an environment that is committed to collaboration and continuous improvement.

We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and user-centered professional to join the Collection & Content Management Systems team within Getty Digital. You will report to the Digital Preservation and Library Systems Manager and interact with librarians, archivists, curators, and subject matter experts from our cultural heritage programs, working primarily with colleagues from the Getty Research Institute. Additionally, you will engage with project managers, technologists, software developers, and infrastructure staff in Getty Digital.

You will be responsible for the administration of a suite of information systems that support core library and archival operations, including inventory and metadata management, enhanced collection discovery and fulfillment, and digital preservation. In addition to daily management activities, you will work directly with staff to keep abreast of current operations and needs, leverage system capabilities to increase departmental efficiencies, integrate applications, advance interoperability, and advocate for system improvements with our vendors. As a member of a future-oriented team, you will have a broad impact on operations locally and advance discovery of our collections globally.

The J. Paul Getty Trust, one of the most prestigious cultural heritage organizations in the world, is dedicated to furthering the study of the history of art, advancing conservation practice, and promoting public knowledge and appreciation of art. You will work on a dynamic and beautiful campus filled with art, archives and special collections, and a world-class research library. We offer an excellent benefits package and a strong commitment to balancing work and personal life.

Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.

Major Job Responsibilities

Qualifications

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

For additional information about this position or to apply, please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3475/systems-librarian/job EOE