Hello ARLIS-L,

Our latest blog post on the Digital Humanities SIG blog is up: https://arlisdhsig.wordpress.com/2019/08/14/where-land-and-language-meet-an-exploration-of-indigenous-geography-and-controlled-vocabularies/

One of our members, Lauren Haberstock, tackles the question of Indigenous geographies and controlled vocabularies. We highlight a few digital projects related to decolonization and reconciliation. We would love to hear about others – feel free to share them in the comments section!

Best,

Ellen Tisdale

ARLIS/NA Digital Humanities Special Interest Group Coordinator

--

Ellen Tisdale, BFA, MLIS  |  she/her/hers
Librarian  |  Architecture/Fine Arts Library  |  University of Manitoba  |  (204) 474-9217  |

The University of Manitoba campuses are located on original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.