The ARLIS/NA Collection Development SIG Blog has a new post: "From Library Intern to Interim Librarian" by Klaudia Kendall. Klaudia shares her experience as an intern in a museum library that unexpectedly underwent severe budget cuts and staff reductions:

"Recently, in the art museum research library where I started working as an intern in June, I found myself in an unexpected situation. After the museum board enacted organizational restructuring and budget cuts, the head librarian, who was also my supervisor, was suddenly let go. Our library staff was reduced to only myself and the remaining library assistant. As a result, my internship quickly became a very different kind of learning experience, in which I had to take on many more responsibilities than an intern would normally assume, including collection development and managing the library’s budget."

ARLIS/NA Collection Development SIG Blog welcomes your submissions! If you have something you'd like to write about and submit, please email [log in to unmask].

Best,
Chantal Sulkow
Collection Development SIG Moderator

Chantal Sulkow
Acquisitions Librarian
Bard Graduate Center
Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture
38 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
T 212-501-3039