Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

If you work or have worked in an art museum library,  I would like to
invite you to participate in a Google survey on exhibitions and exhibition
spaces <https://forms.gle/35ic1g8Ry1McYTpV8> for a chapter of the
forthcoming book *New Art Museum Library*. Please complete the survey by *July
26th.*

Here is the chapter abstract:
*My essay will address the role of exhibitions in art museum libraries in
the United States in supporting the museum’s mission. By examining the
target audiences and the spaces where exhibitions are housed in (including
physical, digital, and pop-up space), I will talk about how the use of
these spaces serve as a conduit for inspiring learning. Some fundamental
elements in exhibition development such as the exhibition goals, size,
contents, curatorial process, budgeting, funding, exhibition duration,
frequency, and assessment will be interrogated. Staffing and professional
training on curating and exhibition planning will be an additional point of
discussion in the essay. In consideration of how the libraries optimize
their community impact, I will look at how the exhibitions serve as a
springboard for programming and public outreach initiatives. Other
questions my essay will ask are: What are the challenges, limitations, and
opportunities art museum libraries are facing now? What resources would the
libraries need to overcome these in the future? *

Thank you in advance for your consideration to take part in the chapter.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Carol Ng-He

Exhibitions SIG Co-Coordinator, ARLIS/NA
Exhibits Coordinator, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, IL