ArLiSNAP and VREPS welcome proposals from students and new professionals with an interest in art librarianship or visual resources management to present their work at our 2019 Virtual Conference.

Accessing the Arts: Trends, Innovations, and Challenges for the Information Professional

As information professionals, we are charged not only with stewarding our collections, but with fostering meaningful connections for our constituents. As such, we provide access in physical and virtual spaces as diverse as our collections and our roles within them. Whether we are creating metadata, altering policy, working with our communities and/or underserved populations, or evaluating a content management system, we are tasked with pushing against systemic barriers to access or protecting sensitive materials from inappropriate access. In arts contexts, how do we consider access within the paradigms of copyright, privacy, cultural protocols, and other issues?

We invite presentation proposals that share research and projects highlighting access in art libraries and visual resource collections for our annual virtual conference, which is an opportunity for emerging professionals to present in a supportive and engaging space while connecting with other students and early career information professionals across North America. Proposals are open to individual presenters and co-presenters. Presentations are expected to last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.

The virtual conference will take place on Saturday, October 26th at 1:00 PM CST.

Submit your proposal via our Google Form to apply.

Proposals are due by Friday, August 30th. You must also be available to participate in a short practice session with the webinar software on Monday, September 23rd at 6:00 PM CST.

If you have any questions, please email the ArLiSNAP Conference Planning Liaisons, Hilary Wang ([log in to unmask]) and Lauren Haberstock ([log in to unmask]).