Hi ARLIS/NA community,

I'm the new Coordinator for the Critical Librarianship SIG. I'm taking over the role from Jennifer Ferretti and Andrew Wang, who also founded the SIG.

For those unfamiliar with the CritLib SIG, it's a group to discuss, share, and/or present topics related to the intersection of critical theory/praxis and the field of art librarianship. Some of these topics include (but are not limited to): ethics and accessibility, diversity and inclusion advocacy, politics of professionalism, critical pedagogy, social justice, feminism, critical race theory, and queer theory.

We meet once a year in-person at the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference. If you would like to learn more about the SIG, as well as resources, updates, and guest posts, check out our website/blog<https://arlisnacritlib.wordpress.com/>!

Please contact me if you would like to join us on Slack. This is where members can have discussions about a variety of topics, share ideas, and collaborate.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me for questions, suggestions, blog post ideas, or if you want to get more involved in really any capacity.

Best,

Evan

----

Evan Schilling, MI, B.Arch, B.E.S

Architecture Librarian

(they/them; he/him)

Musagetes Architecture Library<https://uwaterloo.ca/library/musagetes/>
University of Waterloo School of Architecture

[log in to unmask]<https:[log in to unmask]> / 519-888-4567 x 27620