From: Corrie Commisso <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 5:01 PM
Subject: [ACRL/ARTS] Reminder — ACRL Arts Presentations at ALA Annual
To: <[log in to unmask]>

The ACRL Arts Committee is pleased to invite you to attend the following
presentations at the ALA Annual in Washington D.C. on Friday, June 21,
2019, from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. at the Washington Hilton, DuPont.

*Partnering to Produce Information Literacy Videos for Online Students*

The presentation will provide art librarians a guideline when creating
online information literacy sessions for students and the tools to
successfully partner with your Distance Education Department. The impetus
is to ensure that you are reaching all your students, both face-to-face and
online, through well-produced and educational videos. I will use three
examples of The New School Libraries’ experiences with creating online
sessions for undergraduate and graduate courses for the Parsons School of
Design. With these examples, I aim to demonstrate how to effectively put
these videos together and assess how beneficial they are to the community.

*Nicole Lamoreaux*

*Assistant Director, Research & Instructional Services*

*The New School Libraries*

*----------------------------------------------*

Nicole LaMoreaux received her Master of Library Science degree from the
> University at Buffalo, SUNY and received her Bachelor of Science degree in
> Advertising, Marketing, and Communications from the Fashion Institute of
> Technology (FIT), SUNY. Nicole is currently the Assistant Director of
> Research and Instructional Services at The New School in New York City. She
> was the former Reference and Instruction Librarian at LIM College and was a
> former Research Assistant at FIT, SUNY. She has been an active member in
> ALA's New Members Round Table since 2011 and is currently the Vice
> President/President-Elect. She was formally the Vice Moderator and
> Moderator of the ARLIS-NA's Fashion, Textile, and Costume Special Interest
> Group. She recently had the opportunity to combine her love of travel and
> librarianship during a recent trip to present on academic libraries at
> Chang’an University in Xi’an, China.

*700’s: The Delaplaine Arts Center’s Etchison Davis Library*

The 700’s and the Dewey Decimal system for Jean Davis, a retired librarian,
was “particularly obtuse” and as she designed and built our comprehensive
art library, she did so with both the subject and artist in mind. The
“700’s” introduces the Delaplaine’s unique and coincidental collection of
more than 3,000 titles that has grown to become one of Maryland’s largest
free art libraries.

*Thomas Canavan*

*Director of Programs*

*The Delaplaine Arts Center*

*----------------------------------------------*

Thomas Canavan was born in Washington DC and raised in Greenbelt, Maryland.

--
Maryhelen Raciti-Jones
Rio Rancho, New Mexico/Woodland Park, Colorado

LinkedIn: Maryhelen Raciti-Jones
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryhelenracitijones-b396ba89/

*Wrist Watch Blogs:*

*Wristwatch Redux:*  Advancing the Lore, Legacy, and Love of Time at Hand
<http://www.wristwatchredux.net>  www.wristwatchredux.net,
<http://www.wristwatchredux.net> <http://www.wristwatchredux.net>

*Strolling Among the Watches: *Short Walks on Historical, Corporate,
Creative and Cultural Watchscape Paths.  www.watchflaneuse.com,

*The Artistic Wrist*: Exploring the Creative Pulse Existing Between Wrist
Watches,Their Makers and Artists, Art Works, and Artistry.
<http://www.artisticwrist.com>www.artisticwrist.com