logo_social_small.jpg
How are we conceptualizing the artistic process as information or as a record? How can we support artists' engagement with the archival record?

As the culminating event for the National Digital Stewardship for Art Information (NDSR Art), the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) will host The Art of Digital Stewardship: Content, Context, and Structure on June 28, where we will discuss questions like the ones above with archivists, curators, librarians, content creators, and artists.

We hope you'll join us for this one-day symposiumRegistration with lunch closes 6/21. Registration without lunch will remain open.

The symposium is free (with option to pre-order lunch for $12.50) and open to the public. Please consider passing this along to anyone who might be interested.

Featured speakers include:
  • Caroline Gil Rodríguez, media art conservator, archivist, writer
  • Ayodamola Tanimowo Okunseinde (ayo), artist, designer, and educator
  • Jasmyn R. Castro, audiovisual archivist and creator of the African American Home Movie Index
  • Barbara Calderón, art consultant, artist, culture worker, and arts librarian
  • NDSR Art Residents from MICA's Decker Library, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, and Small Data Industries
Take a look at the full program.

This symposium is primarily organized by Cristina Fontánez Rodríguez, Decker Library's NDSR Art Resident, and is sponsored by MICA and NDSR Art.

Jenny
--
Jennifer Ferretti '07 (she, her, hers)
Digital Initiatives Librarian