*CALL FOR INSTITUTION TO ACQUIRE DONATION OF FINE ART & ART HISTORY BOOK COLLECTION*

Dear all,

We are seeking an institutional library to acquire the donation for educational purposes of approximately 2,000 art history books (good condition, some fair, some like new).

This is a collective donation only, with the exception of a more rare selection of books, which are inventoried and can be purchased online here<https://www.biblio.com/search.php?order=pricedesc&dealer_id=3019556>.

All were part of Robert S. Fastov's personal reference library in Washington, D.C.

Collection highlights include, but are not limited to, subjects in European and American Art spanning 15th - 20th centuries. (see spreadsheet in Folder 1)

This is a foundational Western-based collection with smaller sections on Asian and Latin American Art. We believe it is suitable for a smaller library looking to enhance and broaden its research selections in art and art history.

In order to cross-reference titles, and get a better idea of specific publications, you may access photographs of the collection through two (2) online Google Drive links.

Approximately half/less than the majority of titles can be viewed here:

Art Library Folder 1- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzh_O9lwHfHncmRXSzNDYnk4OFU

Art Library Folder 2 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yKS6ImJ9BYMVUJ_20mh6Oq8_6avX6xi6

Please also open the attached link to the second drive of library photos.

The books are currently in dust covers (which when removed, will make the books more like new), boxed and ready to be picked up in Washington DC, or shipped (shipping costs are the responsibility of institution) upon arrangement by acquiring institution.

The library must be retrieved/shipped from Washington by or before July 25th.

If you or someone in your institution are serious about this acquisition, or if you have questions, please contact me (Savannah) at [log in to unmask] and cc: [log in to unmask]

We really hope to find a home that could profit from this wonderful collection in the prompt near future! Thank you in advance!

A Note About the Owner:

Robert Solomon Fastov graduated cum laude with a degree in History from Harvard University in 1964; his thesis on the American Revolution led to an interest in collecting pewter. After attending Stanford Law School, he moved to Washington, D.C., where he met at an Estate sale, his soon to be mentor, lawyer and author Henry Glassie - also the owner of Montrose Gallery in Bethesda, Maryland. Robert began his hunt for art and antiques with great intellectual rigor - building a relatively widely encompassing Art history library for research purposes. In the nearly two decades before Antiques Roadshow debuted, he successfully acquired a small collection that was respected for its international breadth as well as by notable artists - all well-researched, thanks to his love of history and knowledge, applied to the cultural artifacts we know as art.