Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

ARLIS/NA’s Documentation Committee is looking for a couple of new members. Do you enjoy conducting oral histories? Are you an archive or electronic records management protocol enthusiast? Would you like to serve ARLISNA and get involved in committee work? If so, we need you!

The Committee is responsible for an ongoing project conducting oral histories at our annual meeting of ARLIS/NA members who have received the Distinguished Service Award. At last year’s conference, we expanded the oral histories by partnering with the Retirement SIG and recording accounts from our retired members.

ARLS/NA’s 50th Anniversary is slowly approaching we are looking at ways to document the history of our dynamic association, including creating a WordPress site highlighting our oral histories. The Documentation Committee meets monthly and at our annual conference.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or are interested in joining the Committee – it is a great way to get involved and serve ARLIS/NA. We look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Samantha Deutch, Chair, Documentation Committee

Samantha Deutch, Assistant Director

Center for the History of Collecting

Frick Art Reference Library, The Frick Collection

10 East 71st Street

New York, New York 10021

PH: 212.547.6894

Fax: 212.547.0680