Dear Deirdre,

Thank you so much for sharing the link to such a beautiful obituary.I'd forgotten that she and Tessim lived for awhile in Greenbelt, Maryland. That was where I lived right after library school.

I have very fond memories of Peggy and I am so grateful to her. I remember meeting her via my boss at the time, Bill Walker. It was probably in either 1974 or 1975 when I was a new librarian. Bill and Peggy and Mary Schmidt were a troika, and they were giants to me. Peggy stood out because she was wise, and practical, and warm all at the same time. I was very grateful for her kindness as such a newbie in my first job out of library school! It was a wonderful time to be an art librarian, just as ARLIS/NA was getting off the ground. Peggy was such a role model. She made me excited about being an art librarian.

I'm also grateful for the opportunity to meet Tessim when Clive and I visited them in Maine. I loved her parents-in-law's work, so it was a thrill to see their home in Maine.

What a special time! Thanks for the opportunity to remember, and particularly the opportunity to publicly say how much I appreciated knowing Peggy.

Best wishes!
Kathy

Katharine Martinez
President, ARLIS/NA 1978