Dear Arlisians,

Are you headed to St. Louis for the 2020 ARLIS/NA Annual Conference? Are in
interested in architecture, urbanism, city and regional planning, and how
these issues interconnect with social justice and community engagement
initiatives?

The Architecture Section and Urban + Regional Planning SIG would love to
hear from you! We are submitting a proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ftJDsHrb7O0DHlPng03CApe00Uq8cCKui9yHeyGkXw/edit?usp=sharing>
together
for the 2020 ARLIS/NA Conference and welcome ideas and participants!

*Brief description:*

We are proposing an interactive panel session that highlights methods for
dismantling those structures that perpetuate discrimination through the
lens of urban planning, concepts of the city (and who that has historically
marginalized), and efforts to activate the important narratives of
communities that thrive despite poor city planning and inequities. Against
the backdrop of Saint Louis, we will consider other cities and consider how
we, as information professionals, play a role through our unique roles to
collect, preserve, archive community narratives and histories, as well as
the ways in which librarians are collaborating with communities to
reactivate landscapes through programming and instruction initiatives.

*Call for presenters or moderators:*

At this time, we are asking for any interested presenters or moderators.

   - Are you interested in presenting at the annual conference on our joint
   ARC/URP conference proposal?
   - Do you know any local projects, community activists, architects,
   street artists, etc. creating work that involves the themes outlined here?
   - Are you an early career Architecture or URP Librarian or an LIS
   student interested these fields that wants to co-moderate this panel?

We look forward to hearing from you, if so. *The deadline for submission is
Sunday, June 16.*

Stephanie Beene
Assistant Professor
Fine Arts Librarian for Art, Architecture & Planning
Fine Arts & Design Library <http://library.unm.edu/about/libraries/fadl.php>
George Pearl Hall 435
The University of New Mexico
Schedule an appointment with me! <http://libcal.unm.edu/appointment/19262>