May 24, 2019

Good morning!

Last week, we added nearly 50 years of the much-loved Architectural Index to the USModernist Library:

[log in to unmask]" align=left hspace=12 alt="http://usmodernist.org/bell-erv-photo.jpg" v:shapes="Picture_x0020_3">[log in to unmask]" align=left hspace=12 alt="http://usmodernist.org/archindex-logo.jpg" v:shapes="Picture_x0020_2">The Architectural Index, aka Arch Index, was created by Ervin (Erv) J. Bell. The Architectural Index was a unique and invaluable resource in a time when the internet did not exist.  The yearly publication was one of the only ways to easily search for articles across major US architectural magazines. After stopping the print edition in 2001, Bell took the publication online.  By 2012, Google and other search engines made the Index obsolete.

Need shelf space?  We provide a way to respectfully de-accession old architecture magazines and provide free FedEx Ground shipping.  We’ll even send boxes if you need them. Thanks to your past contributions, the USModernist Library, a nonprofit educational archive of 20th century architecture magazines, is now over 2.6 million pages.

Kind regards,

George

George Smart, Executive Director, USModernist.org

A 501C3 Nonprofit Educational Archive for the Documentation, Preservation, and Promotion of Modernist Architecture

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://www.ncmodernist.org/gms.jpg">

Host and Executive Producer, US Modernist Radio

5409 Pelham Road / Durham NC / 27713 / USA
919.740.8407 /
www.usmodernist.org / [log in to unmask]