Sound great to me, too, Joan! I’d love to get to see the new Barnes as well as the “Magicians…”. And there is so much more to see there.
Lee

On May 23, 2019, at 1:47 PM, <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Lee.  It made me think it’s been a very long time since ARLIS/NA met in Philadelphia and I looked it up: 1998—21 years ago!!  It would be really wonderful to have a tour of the “new” Barnes—we were able to go to the original Barnes Foundation in 1998.

Joan B.

From: Lee Eltzroth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [RETIRED MEMBERS SIG] The Magicians' Code: How Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens Is Preserved, Tile by Tile

You will enjoy reading about this, and other sites the artist created in Philadelphia. When reading it, I thought of Pasaquan, here in Georgia, and was interested to see it mentioned, as was Watts Tower, etc. as restoration inspiration.
Lee

E. Lee Eltzroth, independent scholar

“Art is balm to the brain, especially in moments of decision.”
Sherlock Holmes (in Jeremy Brett Series) - episode The Master Blackmailer

Sent from my iPad

ARLIS/NA Retired Members SIG listserv. You can reach all listserv subscribers by emailing [log in to unmask]