Now available online at the Archives of American Art- Smithsonian Institution, April 2019.

Finding aids:

Washburn Gallery records, 1906-2017<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/washburn-gallery-records-17453>
Washburn Gallery (established 1971) is a gallery in New York, New York located on 20 W. 57th Street until it moved to a temporary location at 745 5th Ave. New York, New York in 2017. Prior to it being called the Washburn gallery, it was called the Peridot-Washburn Gallery after Joan Washburn took over the Peridot Gallery in 1970 after its owner, Lou Pollack, died.

Patricia Hills papers, circa 1900-2015<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/patricia-hills-papers-17590>
Patricia Hills (b.1936) is an art historian, curator, and Professor Emerita of American Art and African American Art at Boston University.

Lia Cook papers, 1968-2012<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/lia-cook-papers-17335>
Lia Cook (1942- ) is a fiber artist and painter in Berkeley, California. She is noted for her use of an electronic jacquard loom.

Juan Sánchez papers, circa 1972-2010<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/juan-snchez-papers-17511>
Juan Sánchez (1954- ) is a printmaker, muralist, painter, and teacher in Brooklyn, New York.

Carlos A. Macía papers, circa 1960-1996<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/carlos-maca-papers-5497>
Carlos A. Maciá (1951-1994) was a painter in Miami, Florida and Barcelona, Spain. Maciá was born in Havana, Cuba and immigrated to the United States at age 11.

René Santos papers, 1970-1987<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/ren-santos-papers-13490>
René Santos (1954-1986) was a painter, photographer, and educator in New York, New York. Santos was born Carlos René Santos in Puerto Rico.

Enrique Chagoya papers, 1990-1995<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/enrique-chagoya-papers-17392>
Enrique Chagoya (1953- ) is a painter, printmaker, and professor in San Francisco, California.

Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture records, 1945-2013<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/skowhegan-school-painting-and-sculpture-records-9409>
Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture (est. 1946) is an art school and artist residency in Skowhegan, Maine. Since the school's beginnings, it has attracted prominent visiting artists and faculty members such as Jacob Lawrence, Philip Pearlstein, Ben Shahn, Isabel Bishop, and Yasuo Kuniyoshi.

Transcripts of oral history interviews with:

George S. Abrams (2018)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-george-s-abrams-17538>

Clifford Amyx (1982)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-clifford-amyx-12992>

Tina Barney (2009)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-tina-barney-15901>
Charles W. Corey regarding James Montgomery Flagg (1983)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-charles-w-corey-regarding-james-montgomery-flagg-11877>

Gussie Du Jardin (1983)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-gussie-du-jardin-12148>

Eric Fischl and April Gornik (2008)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-eric-fischl-and-april-gornik-15616>

Eric Fischl (2008)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-eric-fischl-15615>

William Barrow Floyd (1981)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-william-barrow-floyd-12871>

Mordi Gassner (1982)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-mordi-gassner-12637>

Mimi Haas (2018)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-mimi-haas-17617>

Lela Marshall Hine (1982)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-lela-marshall-hine-13048>

Louis Clark Jones (1984)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-louis-clark-jones-12449>

Phyllis Kind (2007)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-phyllis-kind-17597>

Tobey C. Moss (2013)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-tobey-c-moss-16306>
Jerry Rothman (2010)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-jerry-rothman-15872>
Elmer Schooley (1983)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-elmer-schooley-11637>
Evelyn Statsinger (2015)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-evelyn-statsinger-16267>
Jack Vallee (1973)<https://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-jack-vallee-13303>

The Archives of American Art is the world's pre-eminent and most widely used research center dedicated to collecting, preserving, and providing access to primary sources that document the history of the visual arts in America. Founded on the belief that the public needs free and open access to the most valuable research materials, our collections are available to all who wish to consult original papers at our research centers or use our reference services remotely every year, and to millions who visit us online to consult digitized collections.

For more information and content, please follow our blog and subscribe to our newsletter.
Archives of American Art Blog<https://www.aaa.si.edu/blog>
The Primary Source<https://www.aaa.si.edu/the-primary-source>
*Subscription information found at bottom of page.

Caroline Donadio
Management Support Assistant
Archives of American Art
300 Park Avenue South