Posting for a colleague:

From: Erin Conor <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:01 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: *Deadline Extended* Call for Program Proposals MLA 2020 Annual Meeting, Norfolk, VA

The deadline for program proposals for the MLA 2020 Annual Meeting in Norfolk, VA, has been extended until 8am Pacific Standard Time on Monday, May 6th, 2019. The Program Committee looks forward to your proposals! Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Sincerely,

Erin Conor

University of Washington

Program Chair, 2020 Annual Meeting

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

The 89th Annual Meeting of the Music Library Association will be held in Norfolk, VA from February 26 - March 1, 2020. The MLA Program Committee invites proposals for program content until 8am Pacific Standard Time on Monday, May 6th, 2019

The Music Library Association Annual Meeting is open to anyone with an interest in music libraries, music collections, or music librarianship. We encourage proposals that are topically or practically relevant to these areas. We especially encourage proposals addressing new or emerging areas. We welcome proposals from library, archives, and information technology professionals, students, faculty, and others. MLA members and non-members may submit proposals.

TYPES OF PROPOSALS

Poster presentations take place within a specified conference time block. Other types of sessions may be 25, 55, or 85 minutes in length.

SELECTION CRITERIA

MLA Annual Meeting proposals are peer-reviewed by members of the Program Committee. Proposals should address:

Proposals will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract, based on the above criteria.

The Program Committee will additionally strive to select a balance of proposals reflecting the range of institutions (academic, public, special, etc.), specializations (cataloging, archives, information literacy, collection development, etc.), and attendees (librarians, archivists, paraprofessionals, students and emerging professionals, retirees, etc.) represented at our Annual Meetings. Special consideration will be given to proposals addressing new or emerging areas of music librarianship, as well as those submitted by first-time presenters. Proposals that seek to "de-center" the presenter and encourage discussion and audience interaction are highly encouraged.

SESSION DISCUSSION SPREADSHEET

The Program Committee has created a public spreadsheet to facilitate sharing of proposal ideas and connect potential collaborators. The spreadsheet is an informal tool, and the information in it will not be used by the Committee in evaluating program proposals. (Credit to the Society of American Archivists for the idea.) Access to the spreadsheet is also available on the Annual Meeting website.

PROPOSAL SUBMISSION

Proposals may be submitted online via the Annual Meeting website.

PLEASE NOTE

If your committee, subcommittee, interest group, chapter, task force, or user group needs space for a business meeting in Norfolk during the MLA 2020 Annual Meeting, please fill out the meeting room request form by Friday, May 10th, 2019

Sessions at MLA Annual Meetings are for the educational benefit of attendees. Proposals promoting or selling products or services will not be accepted.

ERIN CONOR
Head, Music Library
University of Washington Libraries

Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900

logo

Angela Weaver

Head, Art and Drama Libraries / Arts & Humanities Liaison Team Leader

University of Washington

Seattle, WA  98195

206-685-3693 (Drama) 206-685-8562 (Art)

Schedule an appointment with me!

My personal pronouns are she/her/hers

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

--Old Tart Toter on Adventure Time