Digital Collections Intern, Bullitt Library, Seattle Art Museum 2018
ARLIS Wolfgang M. Freitag Internship Award Recipient 2018

Center on Contemporary Art

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM Evans, Kathryn Marie Henke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

At Purdue we have a site license for Webex. I have a colleague who wants me to try Zoom, which is not dependent on platforms and allows you to use your phone.

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Amye McCarther
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Webinar advice?

Dear collective wisdom,

I wonder if anyone could share advice on the webinar technology you use? I'm working with an archivists organization in Puerto Rico (ArchiRED) to organize webinars for their membership and none of us has experience working with these platforms. Our concerns:

- Cost effective: We'd rather focus our funding on the speakers than the tech, if possible.

- Widely compatible: We'd like archivists and librarians with any OS, browser, or network bandwidth to be able to access the webinar.

- Capacity: We'd like as many people to attend as possible, so preferably no participant cap.

- Reuse: We'd like to be able to record the webinar for ArchiRED to host on their website for members who could not attend the live webinar.

If anyone has experience creating webinars and would like to share I'd appreciate it!

Many thanks,

Amye McCarther

Amye McCarther

Archivist