Hello hivemind!

I have been asked by two professors teaching English as a Foreign Language to help them gather materials and define learning goals for a new English for Special Purposes (ESP) class for art and design students.

Even if you are not familiar with ESPs, do you have resources (books, websites, videos, anything) that you've found helpful in supporting your international student population? I'm particularly worried about avoiding hyper-academic language while also getting at the themes/vocabulary/writing skills that the students need.

Thank you for any and all ideas or suggestions!
K. Sarah Ostrach
MLIS 2020
College of Information Studies
University of Maryland, College Park