Dear all,

I'm sharing a call for lightning talk proposals for the 2019 NDSR Art
Capstone event hosted by MICA. This CFP is open to artists, students,
educators, content creators, curators, archivists, librarians, etc so
please feel free to share with folks outside of the information profession.

More info on the event and CFP below.

Best,
Cristina

*Call for lightning talk proposals *

*The Art of Digital Stewardship: Content, Context, and Structure*
NDSR Art Capstone Event at Maryland Institute College of Art
Fred Lazarus IV Center, 1st Floor Auditorium (L115)
131 West North Avenue, Baltimore, MD
June 28, 2019, 9:30am
Visit https://inside.mica.edu/ndsr
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://inside.mica.edu/ndsr&sa=D&ust=1554830618022000&usg=AFQjCNGZCc-iIIVtU3j_veIY_iBOLZ-jvg>
for more information.

The National Digital Stewardship Residency for Art Information (NDSR Art)
capstone event, The Art of Digital Stewardship, is accepting proposals for
lightning talks from the community. Lightning talk sessions will present a
contribution, project, or theme related to the use of technology in art,
digital preservation, digital archives, digital curation, or any topic
related to the intersection of art and art information, particularly as it
relates to digital media. *This call for proposals is open to artists,
students, educators, content creators, curators, archivists, and/or
librarians.*

The deadline to submit your proposal is May 15, 2019.

Submission link: https://forms.gle/EGeZ7rjq1trVZxrSA
Read more about the event below:

As the culminating event for the National Digital Stewardship Residency for
Art Information and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) will host
The Art of Digital Stewardship: Content, Context, and Structure. During
this symposium, NDSR Art residents from MICA’s Decker Library, the Solomon
R. Guggenheim Museum, the Art Institute of Chicago and Small Data
Industries will present possible solutions for the acquisition,
preservation, and access of digital art and art information, from
preserving born-digital documentation of the museum experience to working
with at-risk artists’ archives.

In addition, this one-day symposium will bring together digital archivists,
digital curators, librarians, content creators, and artists to discuss
digital art stewardship and focus on questions such as:

How are we conceptualizing the artistic process as information/ or as a
record? How can we support artists’ engagement with the archival record?
And, conversely, how can we support artists’ archival impulses?

The Art of Digital Stewardship: Content, Context, and Structure is
sponsored by the Maryland Institute College of Art and the National Digital
Stewardship Residency for Art Information.

--
*Cristina Fontánez Rodríguez*
NDSR Art Resident