Hello Colleagues -

The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) is seeking an Incoming Convener/Convener for 2019-2021.

IRIG positions are dynamic and flexible, and offer involvement with ACRL via collaborative and creative work and leadership. Membership in ACRL is required for this position.

The Incoming Convener will work with the Convener to:
• develop event programming and project plans
• conceptualize and pursue IRIG initiatives and activities in support of member interests and ACRL’s strategic plan
• communicate with members, ACRL sections and leadership, and outside organizations
• develop IRIG membership

The 2020 ALA conference will be in Chicago, and I hope to work with the new Incoming Convenor to plan an IRIG meeting and session at that conference.

There will be an online orientation for new interest group leaders in late May, and the new Incoming Convener will assume their responsibilities on July 1, 2019. After a year as Incoming Convenor, that individual steps into the role of Convenor for 2020-2021.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions, and to express your interest in volunteering for the position of IRIG Incoming Convener/Convener for 2019-2021. Please include some information about your interest in images in academic libraries, any previous involvement with IRIG, and your experience with committee/collaborative work.

Thank you very much for considering this opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you!

best,

Jane

Jane Darcovich
ACRL-IRIG Incoming Convenor, 2018-2019