Hello! As the new coordinator for the Stimulating Creativity in Practice (SCIP) SIG, it is my pleasure to invite you to the SCIP SIG meeting on Thursday, March 28 at 8am in the Versailles room (Level 3) during the 47th annual ARLIS/NA conference in Salt Lake City.

Anyone interested in applying creativity in libraries and the arts information profession are invited to attend. If you are not familiar with the SCIP SIG, the mission is included at the end of this message.

Meeting Agenda
If you have questions or there is anything you would like to add to the agenda, feel free to contact me directly: Jill Chisnell, [log in to unmask]

I look forward to meeting you in Salt Lake City!

Jill Chisnell

Integrated Media & Design Librarian

Carnegie Mellon University Libraries

[log in to unmask] | 412-268-6330

Stimulating Creativity in Practice (SCIP) SIG Mission
Members of the SCIP SIG will explore how creativity applies to the work of art information professionals and how creative engagement can move the Library beyond its traditional roles. The group will act as an ongoing support community for personal creative practice by exploring ways to make time in our workday for nurturing creativity, examining how personal artistic practices enhance our work as information professionals, and learning effective ways to foster creativity in others. The group will also explore the idea of the library as an incubator of creative discovery by looking at ways to incorporate creatively charged workshops, exhibitions and events into library spaces giving library users opportunities for research and a means to practice hands-on engagement with ideas and knowledge. Members of the SCIP SIG may also plan events such as ARLIS/NA-member art exhibits, workshops (possibly tapping local creative talent) and conference sessions. Creative people of all persuasions and the creatively-curious are encouraged to join the group.