Hello,

If you work with art in an academic library, you are invited to take a survey about art acquisition and exhibition in academic libraries. The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of the relationship between fine art and art collections in academic libraries, especially main branches, whether they are part of the traditional circulating, archival, or special collections or part of a separate art collection intended for display and/or exhibition within the library.

The information gathered in this study will be analyzed in order to gain a better understanding of the practices of art acquisition, exhibition, and promotion within academic libraries.

The survey consists of 27 questions which will take approximately 10 minutes to answer depending on the detail of your responses. Your participation in this survey is voluntary.

IP address tracking will be turned off, and no attempt will be made to identify any respondents from the answers they provide.

I plan to share results at a professional conference and can provide a copy of the responses if requested.

Link to the survey is here: https://cmich.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbR7xpajDJYLqTz

Please respond by Monday, March 4, 2019.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact info is provided below.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Laura Thompson, MLS, MA
Research & Instruction Librarian
Librarian for Art & Design, Fashion Merchandising & Design,
Interior Design, Music, and Recreation, Parks, & Leisure

Park Library 227
Central Michigan University
250 East Preston Street
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859