my apologies for cross-posting

Hello lists,

My library is looking to purchase an overhead scanner like a KIC or similar
for public use that would work well with fragile material (so Archives and
Special Collections could come and use it) as well as be the scanner of
choice in the library building for public photo and image scanning (for end
users since I still have an Epson 10000XL photo).  We already have two
Scannx book edge scanners for public use.  We have those set to limited
resolution so files can be emailed and not lost in the ether, and thought
that instead of adding another one of those with higher quality settings as
the default and email disabled, we would buy an overhead scanner.  So if
you think this is not such a good line of thinking I'd like to hear why and
I'd also like to hear any recommendations for an overhead around $10,000,
give or take $2,000.

Thanks in advance,
Janis

*JANIS DESMARAIS, *MA MS