Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce the appointment of the 2019-2020 ARLIS/NA Committee Chairs and Affiliate Liaisons.  Thank you to everyone who volunteered and thank you to the members who have agreed to serve.

And now for some numbers:

35 members filled out the volunteer form

15 members are incoming Committee Chairs

6 members are returning Committee Chairs

6 members are incoming Liaisons

9 members are returning Liaisons

Last year Kim Collins wrote “the Executive Board remains committed to making appointments more transparent and the path to leadership more straightforward.”

From the feedback I have received about our process, I think we are moving the Society in the right direction and we are accomplishing this goal.

If you did not get appointed, please apply again next year.

As a reminder, with only a couple of exceptions (Nominating, DSA) most Committee meetings held at the annual conference are open to interested non-committee members.  Check the Salt Lake City program schedule for times and locations.

We encourage members who are interested in future service to attend open meetings and meet the current Committee Chairs.

Advocacy and Public Policy Committee

Serenity Ibsen

Awards Committee

Karyn Hinkle

Distinguished Service Award

Maria Oldal

Melva Dwyer Award

Suzanne Rackover

Student Advancement Awards

Courtenay McLeland

 Research Awards

Andi Back

Travel Awards

Katie Keller

 George Wittenborn Award

Jon Evans

Cataloging Advisory Committee

Andrea Puccio

 Development Committee

Gregg Most

 Diversity

Amanda Meeks

 Documentation Committee

Samantha Deutch

Finance Committee

Matthew Gengler

International Relations Committee

Beverly Mitchell

 Membership Committee

Laurel Bliss

Nominating Committee

Deborah Kempe

Professional Development Committee

Stephanie Grimm

Education

Amy Hunsaker

Mentoring

Megan Lotts

Learning Portal Coordinator

Meredith Hale

Strategic Directions

Emilee Mathews

American Alliance of Museums (AAM)

Shaina Buckles Harkness

ALA Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Arts Section

Stephanie Beene

ALA Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA)

Karen Stafford

ALA MARC Advisory Committee Liaison (MAC)

John A. Maier

ALA Subject Analysis Committee Liaison (SAC)

Sherman Clarke

ALA Office for Diversity

Carol Ng-He

Art and Rare Materials BIBFRAME Ontology Extension (ARM)

Marie-Chantal L'Ecuyer-Coelho

Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL)

Cathryn Copper

College Art Association (CAA)

Kathleen Salomon

International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)

Viveca Robichaud

Museum Computer Network (MCN)

Karina Wratschko

Society of American Archivists (SAA)

Elizabeth Ehrnst

Society of Architectural Historians (SAH)

Aimee Lind

Special Libraries Association (SLA)

Richard Hulser

Visual Resources Association (VRA)

Karen Bouchard

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Salt Lake City.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best, Laura

Laura Schwartz

Arts & Humanities Collection Strategist

Visual Arts Librarian

Subject Librarian for Film Studies

UC San Diego

858-534-1267

Vice President/President Elect

Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA)